Vision In Sliver: Final Thoughts

Finally, this book has concluded, and I'm happy to say goodbye. Vision is Sliver being the third book in the series never really gave me a chance to get into the book. This book has exposed me, farther into the possibilities of what a fantasy novel can be and really hasn't sold me on the genre.
  The conclusion as expected didn't tell me everything I wanted to know, but I will not be reading the next book. I wanted to see more of the relationship that was becoming strong between Meg and Simon. "He thought giving Meg a couple of licks would make him feel better. He always felt comforted when he gave her hand a couple of licks while they watched a movie" (Page 407). They have a real connection and always seem to calm each other down when things spiral out of control. Meg and Simon are taking it slow and probably don't want to ruin what they do have. One thing I wish for in the next book is for Meg's life to remain stable and happy.
   One criticism is the amount of characters a reader will need to learn in order to understand what is happening. This aspect was a major turn off while reading this book, I just wish I could read this book, and not worry I'm forgetting a character, or a background story.

Comments

  1. This book was very hard to read but I wouldn’t say because it was the third book in the series. I believe that all the subplots along with some major plots made it confusing. There were so many characters it was hard to keep track of what was going on the whole time. I think that reading the beginning books and reading the one that comes after this would really make you get into fantasy novels. Reading something like Harry Potter is how you really get into fantasy because that is a great example. I also wish this book would have developed more of Simon and Meg’s relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that I’m glad to say goodbye too. However, it’s not about getting into the book. It’s about being able to finish that book and not having the worst cliffhanger ever. I think Anne Bishop did the best she could to wrap things up while leaving ideas for her next book and not having a cliffhanger. I thought the ending kind of shows that Meg and Simon were turning more into a relationship. He held her hand and he didn’t do that because he didn’t really understand the meaning of it until Michael told him. I do agree about the amount of characters in the book being too much. I had a hard time trying to remember who was related, who was in a relationship, who were friends, and who didn’t know each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment