Death Note: Post Two

As I continued to read Death Note Light or Kira's personality continued to develop in multiple ways. First is how Light acts at home as a perfect model student who goes above and beyond. This is quickly overshadowed when Light shows no remorse for killing people even when he's in the presences of his Father who is head of the NPA. He continues this even in conversation with him saying "I'm proud of you, Dad" (Page 219). Kira's personality is more of a psychopath and this is evident throughout the text. Kira likes and encourages the challenge of L; which I believe will be his downfall. Kira sends him various messages through criminals he kills this shows his cockiness and arrogance. "Love I've never know. And dessert is always apples? This is no life. I'm better off dead" (Page 212). He gives L small clues almost bragging and challenging him to find who he is before more people die. As crazy as this plan is it forces L to work together with a small group exposing himself for the first time. This is important because a face off is inevitable between L and Kira. Will Kira's evil ways prevail and can he remain anonymous?

Comments

  1. First off, I like how you referenced the two different sides of Light's personality: Student Light and Kira. I feel like towards the end of the volume we are reading the two personalities are merging closer and closer together as Light continues on his mission to "make the world a better place." It seems to me that Light only acts like student Light now to keep up appearances, as on the inside he has now become fully Kira. This is evidenced by the fact that Light no longer seems to be focusing on a career after school, but instead on taking over the world as a god. It appears the internal conflict we saw occasionally between student Light and Kira is gone, leaving just Kira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text develops their personality very well. You get to see how Light is different than Kira but they’re also the same person. You can see how Light is a psychopath but tries to act like it’s Kira who is killing, and who is the murderer, but it’s just Light trying to justify his killing and righteousness. I think L is showing how much he wants to catch Kira and his brilliance shows that he is capable of doing so. Him showing himself to the task force is a big step from being seen by no one to being seen by a group of about 8 people and shows he has the guts and determination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment